Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Hollywood
Mon Jul 30 2012, 03:44am
Registered Member #708

someone help me out here. i have an r154 picked up yesterday, im going to get another on the 5th to send to marlin crawler for a build. now the question is this. i have the option to buy a 2000hp capable bottom end 2jz for a grand, legit shit carillo rods cpr bolt crazy supra fan boy shit. kid here thought he was tokyo drift and was going to put it into a 70 nova ungh... any how this thing has rad parts. but at that price i can buy a full 1j swap... so do i do the work and put this 2j together or get the swap and drive sooner than later???

ugh shiny keeps my head spinning... and a bulletproof bottom end sounds rad !!

help me out bro's
o.g.darkdrifter
Mon Jul 30 2012, 11:21pm
Registered Member #580

Damn how much power are you wanting to run in this car? Built 2j bottom end.... LOL.

I'd like to see you driving sooner than later but I know that if you started putting together something with that 2j bottom end (1.5jz???) it would be insane... kind of cool too.
Hollywood
Wed Aug 01 2012, 06:14am
Registered Member #708

bro i hate to say it but i baught the 2j bottom end yesterday and sold the entire car like 18 seconds ago mid build. just did all the frame bracing and subframe anti rip out bmw bull shit,

long story short my kid is sick needs surgery and i need 5 grand up front just to get him in the hospital for the fucking thing!! soo close this bitch im done.... PEACE!!!!
o.g.darkdrifter
Wed Aug 01 2012, 09:03pm
Registered Member #580

Damn man you have the worst luck with this stuff. Hope your kid gets better dude.
Hollywood
Sat Aug 04 2012, 02:00pm
Registered Member #708

5k in dental work and my youngest son thinks he is kick buttowski and rode my skateboard into the side of my truck now he is in a cast with a turfed face and shit.... shit is never going to happen. someone pay me to build another sick ass car so i can enjoy going to work every day !!!
Hollywood
Sat Nov 10 2012, 07:41pm
Registered Member #708

thanks to a new job with amazing health benefits (same job new shop) this shit is back on the books. car is stripped and on a rotiserrie right now so i can do all the subframe reinforcement plates and blast and paint it... ill have update pics on wed of next week.. mad love goes out the chelsea denofa jeff jordan of jordan inovation and danny george for convicing me and my wife that i need to get back in the game.......
Hollywood
Thu Nov 15 2012, 05:45am
Registered Member #708

soooo bottom end 2j is done. just waiting for the head to come back from machine and figure out what cams i want to run... other than that chassis is going to collect dust till i can get a customers rock crawler jeep out of my shop....

side note i hate r154 trans so much. so on that bomb shell im going to run a tremec t56 magnum 6 speed box out of a 2009 dodge viper, doner car and motor shit is all on my instaham hollywood237. ok so the tremec for those of you who care bolt up via a sweet little adapter plate and presto chango i have a standard box that will hold up to 900hp and all the clutch kicks i can throw at and still shift gears like its supposed to... photo stolen from club lex. i just got the cad files today. water jet at work tom... thats all for now.... cant wait to get shit rolling....
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF