Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: アメリカ人用ー(ドリ天とD2Dの通訳)Wizdom of Japanese Media translated into english by Martin :: Wizdom of Drift Tengoku Magazine
Petal work << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Martin
Thu Jun 19 2008, 08:45pm
Registered Member #5

Jul, 2008. Pg28~33

"Kamiwaza" =god's work How do you get your car to turn? Steer? Wrong, if you know drifting, you know that you use the petal just as much as your steering wheel. The art of drifting is to have the complete control of your car, draw perfect line using your machine, and that is "Kamiwaza"

Original Clutch kick master Koguchi "clutch kick=drift switch" Koguchi says, "I've always liked driving my car hard and fast!!" He says even when he pull the E-brake he revs the motor. He says this technic is very effective for showing off as well as competition. loud exhaust noise helps the exciting factor, most of the times when you pull the E-brake you push your clutch in so your engine noise gets cut out and you lose some excitement of your drift, and if you have your engine reved up, it would be easier for you to transition the clutch. "I use left foot braking sometimes" , Koguchi says "I use left foot braking when I want to impress the passenger, when I use left foot braking, usually the car having some sort of issue. Either I can't get enough traction, or the car is not sliding perfect. " He says if your car is set up perfectly, he doesn't need to use it at all. Having said that, left foot braking can recover a lot of mistakes and imperfection of your slide. His soul purpose of doing these foot work is to never stop the cool sound while drifting!

Clutch Squeeze Master Nomura ken "Hard to win in Tuiso (tandom) If you don't know how to squeeze your clutch" Nomuken says, "I use to do more dramatic clutch kicking and Gas work, but in D1 now days you have to get a little trickier than that. " 2~3 years ago when the level of the competition and judging criteria advanced, I started to use this technic called "squeeze clutch". Basically half clutching. If you can use this technic, you can drift at a higher gear=more smoke. when he is tandoming, and you don't have time to drop it to the lower gear.( because you dont wanna loose any mila seconds) "Selecting your clutch is an important factor. when you use half clutch a lot , the disc gets worn out quick. I use ORC clutch, recently their clutch has been super reliable, about one clutch change a year"

Original Toe and Toe Drift Samurai "I could not do heel and toe so I've been doing this technic called toe and toe for 20 years" He says he likes his regular sneakers for driving better than driving shoes. Since he couldn't get how to do heel and toe, he just used his big feet to push down on both gas and brakes. When you use this technic while side ways, you can stay on the gas constant and you can add little pressure towards the brake petal to get your front to stay and shift weight more to the rear of your car. His tip when you initiate and if you whipped it too hard, push your clutch in for a second and transition back smooth, ( you gain the grip by pushing the clutch in for a second,) this technic saves you from over shooting or spinning out.

[ Edited Thu Jun 19 2008, 09:55pm ]
white lao tzu
Thu Jun 19 2008, 10:38pm
Registered Member #12

i like nomukens half clutch dealio
Never Lift
Fri Jun 20 2008, 05:28am
Registered Member #9

JR half clutches a lot i think. Basically he's flooring it but slowing down at the same time, it just tricks the spectators.
white lao tzu
Fri Jun 20 2008, 05:57am
Registered Member #12

it seems like it would be good 4 tandemz
Martin
Fri Jun 20 2008, 05:31pm
Registered Member #5

I like the way Koguchi thinks a lot. When I tried to drift I like hearing a lot of noise, ,, next time I think Im gonna try to rev the motor while I pull the E-brake. (oh yah down hill at Horse thief mile is a good place to practice)
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Jun 23 2008, 11:46pm

Registered Member #2

I'm like Samurai my brain cant heel toe. I think I'll just take Eisuke's idea and hook up another hydro brake to the front wheels.
danegerous
Sat Aug 23 2008, 08:50pm
Registered Member #52

haah the samurai is a madman. If I have small shoes on my feet go right in between the pedals on the fc, but with like some vans slip ons it fits just right. On my old fc I used to have to do that to keep it idling at stop signs and stuff.

I thought when you brake in middrift that shifts the weight to the front of your car not the rear?
adrian
Thu Sep 04 2008, 03:11am
Registered Member #107

i like Koguchi s style

prepare for some noise
Never Lift
Thu Sep 04 2008, 03:32am
Registered Member #9

I thought when you brake in middrift that shifts the weight to the front of your car not the rear?

it does but if you have a lot of angle not so much. in that case it's probably gunna get the back to come around.
danegerous
Thu Sep 04 2008, 04:21pm
Registered Member #52

Worrrd. come do drift day 101 with me tommy I don't wanna use their instructors
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF