Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: 作ってもらいたいパーツ Wish List
humbly request your services for AE86 << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Hollywood
Wed Jan 26 2011, 04:11AM
Registered Member #708

its funny i just checked in on the bc racing coilover thread on club 4ag and its like everyone is more worried about what they get for there money rather than what quality product they are getting. kinda makes me sad to hear.. never the less i personaly feel that the spindle idea is just simplicity rather than necesity but looking at everyones post on other suspension components it seems to be a large selling point.
Hollywood
Wed Jan 26 2011, 05:41AM
Registered Member #708

i think we should make all of this. even the under tray's lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7G92zFb-AU&feature=related

[ Edited Wed Jan 26 2011, 05:42AM ]
GTSRolla34
Thu Jan 27 2011, 01:26AM
Registered Member #940

Dan at MAX USA wrote ...

We can get anything out of Japan. So maybe the path of least resistance in bringing these parts to market would be to offer them with the trust spindle as an option. At least that would save us time and money on some tooling.

Not to mention that it will save clearing up the issue when someone welds your final product on a crappy set of spindles and they fail due to years of fatigue. We all know how the blame game works.
Lu_e
Fri Jan 28 2011, 03:45AM
Registered Member #938

I like the sounds of that.

But not this about the BC coils;

"EDIT: So the rears went together no problem. Get to the front...BAM stupid outter wheel bearing won't slide on.... FML! what a PITA. Now I have to find some way to shave off a little on the inside of the bearing like the other guy did.... They look amazing...but that spindle... idk about right now lol."

Not the first time either

[ Edited Fri Jan 28 2011, 03:57AM ]
Dan at MAX USA
Fri Jan 28 2011, 06:12AM

Registered Member #2

so what they need eveything done for them like pressing on the wheel bearing too? Or its some quality problem?

jeez

I just poked around on club 4ag and it seems they have something to complain about no matter what suspension they are talking about.

russ please make me understand the AE86

~The car is expensive to buy used
~the car is in bad need of restoration before you even start to improve things
~the car is so old that everything needs replaced and upgraded
~all of the aftermarket upgrades are very expensive
~After you are all done you are still held back from being competitive by the platform itself

am I being harsh here? Do I need to watch more initial D? do i love nissan to much? am I spoiled by the 240sx?
is there something magical about the car and I'm just not tuning in to it?

Dont get me wrong, a used stock 20 year old S13 is a POS and needs everything too but it seems so much easier

I just think that its hard enough to pay for tires, entry fees, repairing damage, and trying to improve your machine, so I wonder why people would make it harder on themselves than is necessary to go from point A buying a car to point B having fun with the car

I have the same opinion of rotary engines, it does not look that enjoyable to me having your life savings and good times balancing on an apex seal.

this is interesting
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=72863
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/208-s13-front-coilovers-into-86-*e7*

[ Edited Fri Jan 28 2011, 06:27AM ]
white lao tzu
Fri Jan 28 2011, 07:05PM
Registered Member #12

ill buy a corolla if you want to hold onto it for a while to make suspension
Dan at MAX USA
Fri Jan 28 2011, 11:24PM

Registered Member #2

thats exactly why russ posted up because he has an 86 and wants suspension made for it.

Why you wanted to get one? For daily or what?
Lu_e
Sat Jan 29 2011, 04:34AM
Registered Member #938

Dan at MAX USA wrote ...

so what they need eveything done for them like pressing on the wheel bearing too? Or its some quality problem?

jeez
russ please make me understand the AE86

~The car is expensive to buy used
~the car is in bad need of restoration before you even start to improve things
~the car is so old that everything needs replaced and upgraded
~all of the aftermarket upgrades are very expensive
~After you are all done you are still held back from being competitive by the platform itself

am I being harsh here? Do I need to watch more initial D? do i love nissan to much? am I spoiled by the 240sx?
is there something magical about the car and I'm just not tuning in to it?

Pressing on....???

Not necessary I don't think? I haven't personally had to do my front wheel bearings yet. It's a quality problem, bearing plain doesn't fit.

I don't see your gripe? We could be dealing with an older chassis? te27 etc... You admitted an older s13 not being THAT different;

~The car is expensive to buy used it's 25+ yr old corolla. got my gts for $500
~the car is in bad need of restoration before you even start to improve things depends on condition it's Toyota dependable
~the car is so old that everything needs replaced and upgraded again condition of car?
~all of the aftermarket upgrades are very expensive ??? aftermarket upgrades are fairly abundant and a lot of companies make parts for other chassis as well as AE86 so prices are comparative
~After you are all done you are still held back from being competitive by the platform itself Preference/opinion? I see your point (just a Corolla) but; one of the AE86's main attractions lies in it's light weight... lighter than any s-chassis will ever be? both being as anorexic as possible of course

if you don't understand the xExx chassis maybe you need to watch more Option?

[ Edited Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:43AM ]
Lu_e
Sat Jan 29 2011, 04:56AM
Registered Member #938

btw just read the whole s13 front into 86 discussion & I wasn't that impressed with the experiences so far.

Some people seemed to prefer the s13 x-member which would illegalize your car for some competition I do believe.
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:40AM

Registered Member #2

Fair enough, excuse my rant. I suppose I have been damaged by the locals insanely boro examples, and too many sheared off bolts under dirty and rusty old chassis.

I brushed up on my hachiroku facts. During the Ae86's time from 83-87 the S13 did not exist, so it was really the birthplace of drifting. People love it because while most light weight cars were going front wheel drive, the 86's RWD and light weight were a great combination that kept it ahead of the future generations in regards to performance based economy cars. And for that it deserves some respect.

I have never personally experienced a fine tuned example as seen in the option vids. The last one I drove, you could turn the steering wheel 20 degrees left or right and it would still go straight, no power, busted inside and out.

When I see people mashing on Hachirokus at the track its always interesting how their hand movement on the wheel is so animated, and they always have to throw the car into the turns. Totally violent driving style.

[ Edited Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:47AM ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF