Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: 作ってもらいたいパーツ Wish List
humbly request your services for AE86 << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Lu_e
Sat Apr 28 2012, 03:09PM
Registered Member #938

Yes they are different. Equal length would make them punch through the rear floor. Which like you've mentioned is necessary for travel at the absolute lowest height. Ueo Style and maybe someone else had an equal length kit. For sales it's probably not big enough demand to warrant. I guess there's not much to it in terms of bolt on parts... the 2 upper links and fabrication is basically all it is so if it was something I was going to do it would be a matter of getting 2 custom upper links and fabricating.

& Now that I think about it if they are identical to the lower links you could just get a set of 4 lower links and fabricate?

Dan at MAX USA
Mon Apr 30 2012, 10:28PM

Registered Member #2

precisely, 2 sets of lower arms and some fabrication will do the trick.

nice photos. That shows in the cleanest view ever that the AE86 has a very simple suspension (thats a good thing). Add our coilovers into that picture with the weld on pillowball top mounts and the whole system would be spherical bearing & that would be perfection!

[ Edited Mon Apr 30 2012, 10:32PM ]
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Apr 30 2012, 10:56PM

Registered Member #2

Comp AND Pro Coilovers are in stock NOW
buy them here http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?9 = )

PRO:

Comp:

This is the pillowball top mount removed from the coilover assembly shown with the lock ring removal tool on the left and on the bottom of the photo is the aluminum bushing used to align a 1&5/8" / 40mm hole saw & arbor required for making room in the car for the pillowball the rear upper mount.

The process is:
A. clamp the PB housing in a vice
B. remove lock ring
C. remove pillowball with a press or hammer it out with a socket
D. use the aluminum bushing to align and cut your 1&5/8" / 41mm hole centered on the OEM shock mount hole
E. sand the paint around the cut hole
F. drop in pillowball housing with the threads facing down (pillowball removed so you dont cook it) and weld the perimeter
G. after the welds are cool, put the PB back in the housing and secure with lock ring using loctite on the threads.
H. bolt in rear coilover assembly

The Lock ring tool and the alignment bushing is included with every set of Comp and Pro AE86 coilovers. The 1&5/8" hole saw and arbor is not.

[ Edited Mon Nov 23 2015, 09:09PM ]
Hollywood
Tue May 01 2012, 04:36PM
Registered Member #708

wow thats some next level shit man.. way to LEVEL UP !!!
Lu_e
Tue Feb 19 2013, 04:47AM
Registered Member #938

Formulad11 wrote ...
The powered by max setup is by far the best coil over setup for our cars period! Super smooth can go lower than anything on the market, and dans customer service is on point. There rebuildable and u can get custom spring rates. I've used it for about 3 drift events and i come from agx ,Trd springs and t3 type front setup. Night and day difference. My transitions are smoother my speed is quicker and it absorbs bumps in the course better. I'd by far recommend these.

Good job Dan & PBM

http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32520
Dan at MAX USA
Tue Feb 19 2013, 09:22PM

Registered Member #2

awesome, thanks Lu_e
Hollywood
Thu Dec 05 2013, 01:49PM
Registered Member #708

hey dan after running threw hugho's build on zt i noticed these nice gold front lower control arm ten rod combo kit... didnt know if he got a set of dmac arms or if there from you guys. let me know and ill try and post a pic on here of them later, still trying to learn this whole chrome book thing.
Dan at MAX USA
Thu Dec 05 2013, 07:26PM

Registered Member #2

not from us we dont do the front end yet.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF