Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: 会員者の車 Club MAX Rides :: あなたのドリ車の写真と車のセットアップ Post pictures and info on your car.
The Z from HELLLLL! (My wallet thinks so, anyway) << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Deedilus
Wed Sep 28 2011, 10:52pm
Registered Member #1090

Bit of an update for you guys! First things first, I got a HUGE promotion at work so I very luckily get to keep moving forward on my build as planned with no worries! /knock on wood.

Got some pictures from some friends these past couple days, my Driftworks Harness, battery cut off, and new Chargespeed back bumper are in my possession! Well, not really. The harness is at my friend Jeremy's house, and the bumper is at my friend Ryan's house, where my front bumper should be soon as well. But you get the idea. Wooo!

Ryan said the bumper's not damaged and definitely looks brand new, which is awesome considering I bought it off someone in Kansas and they shipped it via Greyhound. Good marks for Greyhound there! Minus the whole calling me with a massive attitude telling me to pick up my massive box. -50 cookies for that one, Greyhound. Can't wait to see this thing painted and on the car, I've always loved this bumper. Subtle but sexaaay.

Driftworks harness! It says 4 point, but I got the additional belt fo the 5-point street rep, yo. One more seat / rails to go now....

Then I also spoke with the fabricator making the roll cage for my car, he said he was thinking he might just try and knock my car out this week since it's a smaller project than the other projects he has going which includes Royal_T (on this forum)'s Z which is getting some major awesome-ness treatment. He posted this photo up on his fabrication page on Facebook, not sure if it's Edafe's rear section or my rear section but either way it's gnarly!

I'm thinking I'm going to be painting the cage a kind of metallic blue, along with my drift spares. I've always liked purple, but thinkin blue might be better. We'll see! Speaking of spares, I'm getting ready to order about 8 XXR 521's to use as drift spares, just trying to figure out what size to get them in. Been testing out different wheel sizes on Live for Speed, which if you don't know is an incredibly awesome driving simulator. Graphics are a bit, well, 1600's-ish but the physics with a 900 degree rotation wheel are outstanding. I went out and bought another Logitech wheel just so I could still get some drifting and such in while I'm here in Virginia. In fact, I have some video up on xfire of when I was testing out the different wheel sizes. I think the sizes in there are front 245/40/18 on 18x9.5 up front and 265/40/18 on 18x10's in the back... No idea, I'm absolutely terrible with all of that wheel offset size width mm nonsense. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

^^ I was goofing off quite a lot, as you can see in the little webcam overlay on the bottom right lmao.

Hope everyone is having a good September! I'll keep you guys updated with the car, cannot WAIT to get back and drive it.. Trying to get stuff done and not overbuild it though so I think drift spares and a Powered by Max hydro e-brake are the next and last things on my to-buy list for now.

Take it easy guys!

[ Edited Wed Sep 28 2011, 10:57pm ]
Deedilus
Fri Oct 28 2011, 03:01pm
Registered Member #1090

Wifi is finally working at my hotel again, yaaaaay! Got some texts from the guys that are working on my car, cage is all done! He's just finishing up some new test pipes because mine had gotten owned some how, and then they're putting on my new oil cooler and full SPL suspension arms today and its done! After they tune it, of course

So stoked!!!
Deedilus
Fri Dec 16 2011, 01:25am
Registered Member #1090

Well, got home, got to work installing full SPL arms to get the car aligned correctly. Was a tough week back but got everything I needed to get done, so thank god for that. I come bearing a video! First shake down felt GREAT, these coilovers feel like MAGIC. Absolutely in love. Going to be hopping in for some competition next month, gotta install hydro ebrake, paint the roll cage and that's pretty much it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq8POJi1VD4

[ Edited Fri Dec 16 2011, 02:09am ]
Dan at MAX USA
Fri Dec 23 2011, 05:08am

Registered Member #2

Good times
Deedilus
Tue Jan 03 2012, 09:42am
Registered Member #1090

Fo sho!

New stuffs.

Finishing painting the roll cage and putting on my new exhaust tomorrow, then it's off to Austin for a tune to get back some much needed power. Then it's time for lots of late night "fun" to test out some different tire pressures for the rear for next event..
Hollywood
Tue Jan 03 2012, 04:06pm
Registered Member #708

love the white on white. not so much the rears lol... looks good though way to make it your own.
Fish
Wed Jan 04 2012, 08:43pm
Registered Member #986

SICK!!
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Jan 04 2012, 09:30pm

Registered Member #2

RED VELVET WHOOPIE PIES !!!
Deedilus
Wed Jan 11 2012, 08:39am
Registered Member #1090

LOVE ME SOME RED VELVET WHOOPIE PIES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW! And thanks for the kindness everyone, Love how the car turned out. And I agree about the rear wheels, painting all my wheels the same blue I painted the roll cage, should turn out fantastic. Also got some spacers and such to make it look a bit more balanced.

So....

First round of Lonestar Drifit series is announced! Super stoked for my first Lonestar Drift season, gonna be making it out there with around 4-5 of my friends from here in San Antonio so we'll definitely try to be putting out a good showing. It'll be two Q45's, my Z, and a VH45 s13 tandeming from San Antonio alone so that should be boss. Must remember to watch out for the Q's, if we crash into eachother they're damn boat selves will be completely fine

On a different note, the cars been up on jack stands in the front of the house for the past 2 - 3 days because the starter decided to give out when I went to BJ's to have dinner with a friend and his girlfriend. Then, after push starting it on the drive home my power steering went out. So... I must remember to thank my dear Z for that precious little experience. Yesterday got the starter on but didn't have the right size socket to get one of the hoses off of the power steering, so after going to Smoke 'Em motorsports 3 times to try and find the right socket, I finally got it and put it on today... le sigh -_-

Oh and ordered some presents for myself I'll let you guys in on when they get here :cool:
Hollywood
Wed Jan 11 2012, 07:50pm
Registered Member #708

needs more pbm. good to hear you changed the wheel color and equally shitty to hear about the starter and power steering, it seams like power steering is always every cars weakest link. kidna why i love the servo systems on all the new cars now a days. cant wait to see what you got in store for us man !!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF