Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: 会員者の車 Club MAX Rides :: あなたのドリ車の写真と車のセットアップ Post pictures and info on your car.
The Z from HELLLLL! (My wallet thinks so, anyway) << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Deedilus
Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:13pm
Registered Member #1090

I agree, Hollywood! And thanks, yeah it was a pretty unfortunate time with all of it just going out at once.. But oh well, it was fun fixing it in the street in front of my house, I snapped a picture with my phone of how I set it up, I'm sure my neighbors just LOVED me!

Then yesterday we went to buy my friend a steering wheel off some guy and he snapped this picture of the car in traffic, such a cool pic! Who says caged out drift cars aren't legal...

Right now I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to the car to be 100% ready for Round 1 of competition, and so far the only thing I can think of is moar angle. I really want the PBM ones, but unfortunately $800 is quite a bit of money and I want to try and save as much money as possible right now. The guy that made my roll cage got my friends Q45 another 15 degrees of steering angle with the stock aluminum knuckles for more than half of that, and he said he would do mine for around the same price, so you see my dilemma.. I think what I'm going to do is try the Z32 Tein tie rod spacer trick for this event then buy the PBM ones later on after the event.

Anyway, hydro ebrake should be here in 3 days, SUPER stoked to wire that baby up. In the mean time I painted my roll cage "Bahama Blue" using some duplicolor rattle can and it came out matching my NRG quick release perfectly! Also got some padding on the bars, gonna use the left over paint to paint my wheels. Get some color goin on, I tell yu wut!

Deedilus
Thu Feb 02 2012, 12:03am
Registered Member #1090

Dyno'd and other stuffs.

Yaaay bushings! Eagerly awaiting PBM to release some bushings or arms that I don't have yet angle kit is on my to-buy list...

I absolutely love this exhaust, the sound it puts out is incredible mixed with the custom 2.5" test pipes and OBX headers. Sounds completely different under half throttle than it does under full throttle. Plus it's loud as a spider monkey making love to a whale. Doggie style.

255 whp, 235tq on a DynoJet, 71 degrees 53% humidity for all of you figure buffs.

Pleased with the results, considering it's a stock block and head. Only non bolt-on mod I have is the RevUp motors fuel rail and injectors. Thank God I got there when I did, the base pull wasn't a full pull and only wielded 216 whp 230tq or something, he stopped the pull because it was so lean it scared him. And to think I've been drifting it -__-

Also got to get some of my wheels painted, they came out really good for a rattlecan job. Gonna wait to finish for a couple days, my buddy Nick and I are gonna go on a painting spree and paint all of his wheels orange and all of mine (except for the Grid's) this same blue.

And finally, got a little something you guys might enjoy. Found a use for my old driver seat! I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I recently got a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel for a great price, so we crafted this little gem. Gonna make 2 more to go with my other two wheels to have some badass three-car action. Nerd mode, activate.

I have better pictures somewhere on my laptop or on cards somewhere, but these cell phone pics will have to do for now. After I've returned to Texas I've gotten so unorganized it's not even funny, can't find half of my shit anywhere and lost a couple harddrives and thumb drives, and now I have to go to California next week for more work so I have no idea where any of my things are. My head just feels clouded as hell from trying to find everything, but promise I'll be back to taking better and more in depth pics with my camera soon!
Deedilus
Tue Mar 20 2012, 09:23pm
Registered Member #1090

Fun times. Finally got to get back to TX and do an event in the Z, first time doing some Texas tandem! Such a blast, had some awesome close runs with my friend Mario in his HR Z33 during practice, then got to drift against my friend who was kind of my motivation for deciding to compete during the first competition run. I qualified 16th, he qualified 1st, so we were the first match up. Good god 1JZ s14's are quick.

Painted some of my drift spares for the event. These are just some random Konig's I bought off a friend who is an assistant manager at Discount Tire, got 4 for $200.

Getting my buddy Ryans car on his trailer. We decided to go all out with the vinyl cutter for this event, as you can tell haha. Why not?

Awww shit.

IMG_3987 by Bill Jacomet, on Flickr

IMG_4207 by Bill Jacomet, on Flickr

Photo by Sy Pham

Photo by Sy Pham

Lone Star Drift Round 1 by My5t3rYM4nN, on Flickr

Car performed like a boss all day, still got a lot to practice and do, but for the most car it's pretty damn solid. Decided to compete after I had lunch and qualified 16th, went up against the 1st place qualifier Fielding Shredder and after going one more time he pulled out the victory, but had a blast nonetheless and can't wait for the next event. I just want to tandem more, during practice my friend Mario and I were starting to get pretty damn close in our Z's!

Here are some videos from the event that I'm in:

http://vimeo.com/38831141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK1yEnA64rs

Fun weekend.

[ Edited Tue Mar 20 2012, 09:30pm ]
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Mar 21 2012, 09:06pm

Registered Member #2

sweet action! glad you are having fun with this machine
Deedilus
Thu Mar 22 2012, 05:51pm
Registered Member #1090

Definitely am! By the way, saw you at Just Drift's season opener practice event thingee at Horse Thief Mile, straight KILLIN it! So jealous you guys get that place to play around at, I was in a stock KA S13 coupe with some coils and arms I had bought while I was out in Cali. I would LOVE to get my Z to that track one day, that place is so fun.
Deedilus
Mon Apr 02 2012, 05:09pm
Registered Member #1090

Messed with the Z a bit this weekend. Didn't get everything I wanted to get done, but knocked out a big chunk so I'm happy. Next weekend gonna drop the subframe and the diff and replace all of my diff/subframe bushings. Then all shall be bueno.

Anyway, on with z pictures. Haha, I saw what I did just there. Rad.

Friday evening first order of business, carpets out so I can start getting sound deadening out and get ready to repaint the cage and paint the rest of the interior white. Started by taking out the giant stupid heavy stock passenger seat. Dear lord it's heavy.

Shit gets hot. That's staying in there...

Surprisingly there aren't as many wires runnin around under the carpet as I thought there would be. Although I found a lot of trash and shit floating around.

Vacuumed that crap up, seat back in so I can drive around until I strip the rest for paint. Don't have a pic of the entire center console and waterfall back in, interior looks super rad without the carpet.

Saturday morning put my Grids back on the front finally! I missed these wheels sooo much, look 20x better with 20x better fitment and they're the wheels I used to get aligned as opposed to the ones I was using before while these were out that are an inch less wide. Also snagged some of my spacers off of my S13 coupe and plopped them on the back for a bit better fitment back there.

Got to Smoke 'Em, got the car on jackstands in the front and made a shanty town to protect us from the sun.

Took my compression rod off for it's new SPL bushings.

Put my Tein inner tie rods on with angle spacers. Ground the steering stops until at full lock there was a cunt hair gap between the hub and the steering stop.

Moaaaaar angle. This'll be good enough until I get bored with them and order PBM knuckles. I don't want to overbuild the car since I'm still learning different techniques and still need a lot more practice. So these + motor are staying the same until probably next year or whenever I get super bored with the car or desperately need more to take it to the next level. Then it's PBM knuckle time and IF I need more power then I'll twin turbo another VQ and plop it in.

Buddy Jeremy decided to snap a picture of me looking like I just crawled out from living in a box. Hobo status: maximum.

Started taking the front lower control arm off, found out my driver side coilover bolt was stripped as FUDGEMONKIES, and not tightened down all the way. Well, guess I pinpointed the noise of something slamming forward under braking and acceleration. Could move the coilover back and forth with your hand, and we had to sawzall the bolt off. Found temp bolt, got the car back down and drove it home that night. The fronts were toed in so bad it was legitimately frightening. Whenever I took a turn the wheel wouldn't start correcting itself as the car moved forward, it would just stick that way. Over bumps and such it would nearly kick the arse end out, every two seconds it was wanting to twitch towards the curb, etc. Stopped at a taco truck to get a burrito and contemplate how brown I had made my pants on the drive home. Backfired and shot a flame like a boss when I turned the car on, drove home.

Sunday, finish the front suspension and hopefully start working on the rear.

Front lower control arms off. The bushings were royally screwed.

Pressed that crap out and the new ones in.

Shanty fell on my car. All is well though.

Found a legit bolt for my coilover, bolted lower control arms back up.

Also checked my coilovers and lowered the fronts a wee bit, as well as made sure they are the exact same height. When I checked on Friday they were all different. :-[

Did my front ARP extended studs as well.

Check out how beast these are compared to the stocks.

Plopped the front back down, Ryan and I realigned the front toe using our eyeballs and an extension cord. Just wanted to get it streetable so I could drive it safely to work the next day, actually got it pretty damn close to perfect. Got the arse end up on jackstands to poke around the back and see what we'd have to take off to do the bushings for the diff. Yeah, not happening tonight. Started doing the extended studs in the rear. Got everything off, couldn't find a way to get the extended studs through the holes. Gave up so I could get home and sleep so I could go to work the next day, read online you have to remove the ebrake cable and bracket then you have enough room to plop the studs through. I'll do that sometime soon.

Car feels great! Even with the eyeballed alignment there definitely is a major difference, feels so much tighter and sexy now. My steering wheel is also finally centered again!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The extra angle is also pretty rad, kicked it sideways on the way home once and it felt great. Although it didn't last long because I quickly remembered I had a jack sitting in the hatch as well as a creeper when I heard both of them smack the side with brute force.

Successful weekend nonetheless, Ryan and I mocked up where my hydro's going to go and I'm going to start reading up on the different ways to run the lines in Z's. Probably going to get the hydro in the car in the next couple days, depends how busy ryan is with seam welding his engine compartment of pinkie, in prep for his VH45.

Moar updates latuh, playas.

[ Edited Mon Apr 02 2012, 05:16pm ]
Deedilus
Sat Apr 21 2012, 04:29am
Registered Member #1090

o.g.darkdrifter
Sat Apr 21 2012, 10:33am
Registered Member #580

Throw a turbo on it and this car will be peachy.
killer240
Sat Apr 21 2012, 06:15pm
Registered Member #892

i love Z33 interior

not a fan of aftermarket aero though
Deedilus
Mon Apr 30 2012, 03:37pm
Registered Member #1090

[ Edited Mon Apr 30 2012, 03:39pm ]
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF