Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: アメリカ人用ー(ドリ天とD2Dの通訳)Wizdom of Japanese Media translated into english by Martin :: Wizdom of Drift Tengoku Magazine
Airconditioner and Drift machine << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Martin
Wed Feb 28 2007, 08:40pm
Registered Member #5

Sorry that I'm back tracking but I found an article in Drift Tengoku Magazine (Aug 2006. page66,67)on taking care water tempature on your drift machine. The ad talks about the pros and cons of taking out the air conditioner condenser from your ride. If you take everything out including compressor, condensor, blower motor & evap saves only 17kg. It also talk about how most people like to keep their air conditioner and still fix the water temparture ploblem. One solution is to V mount it and run the condenser in the middle(W-mount). Eazyest and cheapest solution is to remove the condenser fins from every other row. People who've done this mod says, "If you remove more than 50% of the condenser fins, you will feel the loss in the air conditioning" So remove fins one row at a time and find your happy medium. Also you can make plates around the bumper inlet to direct more air to the intercooler/radiator to maximize airflow to the critical components.

Dan at MAX USA
Thu Mar 01 2007, 03:17am

Registered Member #2

Martin wrote ...

Eazyest and cheapest solution is to remove the condenser fins from every other row. People who've done this mod says, "If you remove more than 50% of the condenser fins, you will feel the loss in the air conditioning" So remove fins one row at a time and find your happy medium.

Leave it to the japs for yet another genius backyard engineering tip. I volunteer the bigwave's pressure cooker for testing.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF