Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: アメリカ人用ー(ドリ天とD2Dの通訳)Wizdom of Japanese Media translated into english by Martin :: Wizdom of Drift Tengoku Magazine
Record your drift << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Martin
Fri Jun 13 2008, 07:25pm
Registered Member #5

Sorry I haven't been updating this section but now that I have a new issue of drift heaven magazine, here it is.

May, 2008 issue, page20~31. "Record drifting"

Quote by Drift Samurai: "you can find out a lot by filming your self drift" Drift samurai talks in this page about how much can you improve drifting by video taping your self.
His tips are : 1- to aim your camera toward the driver, so you can see your steering control, shifting, and e-braking)
2- adjust your rear view mirror so the camera can see your face, (your face speaks a lot during a drift or when you mess up)
3- and to take a lot of footage.
Also if you can videotape your boost gauge or tachometer, you can see your gas work.
He says having someone video tape you from the passenger is not effective, because with the G-force its really hard to have steady hands and its not so safe for the passenger.

Lastly have someone videotape you from out side so you can get the viewers point of view.
Drift Samurai encourages you to use all these technics to help you improve your skill. But he also remind you and your friends to have fun while you are videotaping or making a video.

Second section of this article is about video mounting methods and helpful parts.

As most of you know, SD card, HDD, miniDV, video mounting bracket, wide conversion lenses and telephoto lenses are all helpful for your mission.
Work with what you have. If you don't have a video camera, you can use your digital camera (most of them can take short video footage) to film drifting. If you dont have any of them, dont under estimate your cell phone. such a small device like a cell phone, you can get creative and use duct tape and L bracket to secure it down.
Use your imagination, enjoy Drifting!!!!

[ Edited Fri Jun 13 2008, 09:25pm ]
Dan at MAX USA
Tue Jul 01 2008, 02:04am

Registered Member #2

My new video camera mount that I made right before ASB4 bolts on to the OEM mirror mount so I dont have to worry about suction cups failing.

[ Edited Tue Jul 01 2008, 02:05am ]
maximus
Sun Jul 06 2008, 05:10pm
Registered Member #34

you should put on on the other side too
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jul 12 2008, 02:15am

Registered Member #2

fabulous idea, then we'll bust another 11 car train on the HTM with front and rear views - I'll run in the middle.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF