Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: アメリカ人用ー(ドリ天とD2Dの通訳)Wizdom of Japanese Media translated into english by Martin :: Wizdom of Drift Tengoku Magazine
Burst article from D to D << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Martin
Tue Sep 02 2008, 07:35pm
Registered Member #5

[dutchie wrote]
Yes, I know they are huge, but martin needs to be able to read it

Thanks Dutchie san for blowing that article for me..... Im basically gonna translate some of the key points in this interview (since if I translated word for word it would take me for ever)

Fujio Akihito and Naoki Nakamura met at maihan sportsland C course(and local mountain road) at age 18. Maihan sportsland C course was originally created for go carts and mini bikes. This course is known for short and technical by the local motor enthusiasts. Fujio and Nakamura did not team up until age 22 for competitions.

When you ask them about tandom driftting, they both say "Twin dori is pretty simple, you just do it and maybe talk about correction here and there and say "oh that was good one", we don't talk about incentive or anything before we go out"
"we don't really care who leads or follows. Fun either way. we play rock paper scissors to decide who goes first" "Leading takes more guts, following is a little less stressful. Follower can always look forward plus you have sort of a guide line. Your job is to get as close as possible. The technic for leading is to take the non-wasteful line, good line but a little bit wide leaving some space for the follower, so the follower can feel comfortable getting close to you. So there are challenges in both leading and following."

One of the best competitors at Maihon sportsland, Nakamura says "Twin dori and triple are fun and less stressful compare to single run competition." " I get real nervous at single run competition." Last year's all star champion of MSC, Akihito says too that, " I get way too nervous, I just lucked out that day."
Although, they are quick to say. " we don't ever mess up at twin dori!" " we just think about performing for the crowd, we just try to make them happy!"

Fujito and Nakamura are 26 years old now, still pretty young in the drifting society, there goal is now to keep up the "no gap" twin dori and go faster. They've been practicing twin dori with more entry speed. They still say "cars touching each other while drifting is a must" " we both get hyped up when we hear "kon-kon-kotsun!" " we are touching but not crushing. Walking on that fine line is very exciting! You can't do this unless you respect each other."

Last question was what is the fun of drifting. Fujio and Nakamura both said "Team drifting." " single run competition could be fun but I've getting irritated by the nerve racking air that flows by when I'm at the single run comp....." by Nakamura.

Naoki nakamura PS13 Silvia Spec

Engine. TD-06L2 turbo, koyo radiator, tucked in intercooler, trust oil cooler, tomei cam, otsuka maffuler, trust front pipe, trust manifold.

Foot work. Tire: F Neove(215/40/17) R RS(265/35/18)
wheel: VS-KF(9j +20 10.5j-6)
D-Max coilovers, Brake:Front stock, endlles rear pads. Kaaz diff. excedy clutch. 4.6 final gear.

Interior. 7 point roll cage, Recaro seat, one off stering wheel
Exterior. D-Max full aero

Akihito Fujio Ps13 Silvia Spec

Engine. TD06l2-20g turbo, koyo radiator, tucked in intercooler, tomei bon cam, original front pipe, trust manifold.

Foot work. Tire: F Neova(225/45/17) R SS595(235/45/17)
Wheels. VSKF (F8.5 +_0 R 10.5j =20)
RYO suspension, nismo LSD carhouse clutch, 4.6 final gear. gloss knuckles. D-Max arms.

Interior. Recaro seat, Defi water temp, oil temp, boost, RED rear port. D-MAX rear fenders, D-Max carbon hood, D-MAX roof wing, D-MAX rear wing.

[ Edited Thu Sep 04 2008, 01:37am ]
danegerous
Tue Sep 02 2008, 07:55pm
Registered Member #52

I like the idea of just touching cars during a tandem. Like the spice girls, when 2 become 1 haha.
Never Lift
Tue Sep 02 2008, 08:01pm
Registered Member #9

"we are touching but not crushing"

im stealing this
danegerous
Tue Sep 02 2008, 08:37pm
Registered Member #52

haha hit it n quit it.
Martin
Wed Sep 03 2008, 12:29am
Registered Member #5

more like hit it and stay with it.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF