Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: イベント/Event and Regional forum :: アメリカでのイベントUSA Event
みんな~ ALL STAR BASH どうだった? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Dan at MAX USA
Fri Jul 31 2009, 12:29am

Registered Member #2

…and some people didn’t have as much financial backing. (Although you might never guess that, judging from the stance and style of the cars.) Check out Luke’s LS powered Blu808 S14 (in the previous photo) and compare it to Matt’s SR powered green S14. Which do you think costs more money?

Here, we see the West Slide Connection S14 and S13, owned by Matt Powers and Tommy Roberts respectively. We see Tommy’s Goldmember S13 Onevia here, sitting on a pretty nice open trailer, but Matt ended up pulling his green S14 all the way from San Diego just using a tow dolly attached to his truck! Hey, it’s all good. Whatever gets you to the track and back!

We’ll pause this ASB installment with a photo of Flybert’s S13. Damn, this car looks DOPE!!! Dig the color and the aero and the hood and the mirrors and the wings and the Work Equip wheels! And the driving!!! (To all the owners of ugly S13s, you guys might want to take notes… because THIS is how you do it.)
Remember the white E30 we shot at the Megan Racing drifting competition? Well, here’s the same driver – Andy Hateley. However, this time he’s attacking the rear bank at Streets! As I saw him initiate hard into the turn, I thought to myself, there’s no way he’s going to have enough power to rock it… but then I saw his car sliding up the bank, dropping the left rear tire off for some nice dirt drop action! Sick! Andy’s just gangster like that. (And he’s still rocking old school Schikane shirts, no matter what. I think those Schikane guys better hook him up with some new gear!)

The 2JZGTE engine in this super low JZZ30 Lexus SC300 sounded like it had a lot of torque as it powered over and passed me. We all thought this car looked dope – especially Dax, who was lucky enough to get a ride along with the owner! It was dope seeing an SC rip through Streets. I feel like we don’t get to see enough of these drifting! lol its a 1 JAY-Z nugga

Here’s an FD3S RX7 that many of us were jocking in the pit area… I think Dax snapped this one right as we drove out to Jack in the Box for lunch. Does anyone notice anything strange about this FD? The steering wheel maybe? Either way, it doesn’t matter to me if a car is LHD or RHD, all I care about is sick stance – and just look at this FD’s rearrrrr… DOPE.

Here’s BigWaveee Dave’s 2JZGTE powered SC300, which you can see here tucking the rear tire hard, with the rear wheel lip almost touching the fender (or was it?). This super clean SC was producing pink smoke for part of the day, due to the limited production Kumho rubber on his rear tires! I haven’t seen these tires in quite a while! It makes me think of Formula D (2006 season?) events when Enjuku Racing was running these tires. Rumor has it that the red smoke tires are created with a secret blend of vulcanized rubber and kim chee…

Tommy Roberts from San Diego’s WSC crew was rippin it as usual, with big smoke accelerating up certain sections of the Streets course. Here’s another car you can’t have too many photos of… just look at the rear of the car, observing the precision of the rear wheel clearance as the car hunches down during acceleration… and the aero bumper and sideskirts sit super low! Outstanding. And with a matching gold helmet? Come on. Bananas!

Here’s some Jesus light on Matt Powers’ S14. Dig the rear lips sticking out on both sides of the car, like thin silver lines that the tires are trying to hold onto for dear life.

Meanwhile, on the grid was Tommy Roberts and his other San Diego based West Slide Connection teammates, waiting for permission to launch as the sun went down, looking like an automotive scene out of Top Gun… in fact, when these guys got out on track, they even began playing the theme music from Top Gun, which was pretty appropriate and bad ass! Hell yea!

Just stare at Tommy’s car in this pic for a minute. Damn!

Here’s a wide shot from Dax, with Tommy and Matt on the course together, dogfighting on pavement as Matt prepares to lock in on Tommy’s passenger door. All drivers did a great job in the tandem runs, but at the end, it was the WestSlide Connection that would take home the honors of First Place on Saturday night. But ASB isn’t about winning trophies or anything, it’s all about having fun, and enjoying the SPIRIT of drifting with your friends!

WE LOVE ALL STAR BASH!!! Stay tuned to MotorMavens for more…!

:: Antonio Alvendia

[ Edited Fri Jul 31 2009, 12:39am ]
Never Lift
Fri Jul 31 2009, 02:37pm
Registered Member #9

look at www.driftfotos.com
Martin
Fri Jul 31 2009, 07:40pm
Registered Member #5

wow you are like super famous or somethin lol I love it. That photo is bad ass!
fran
Sat Aug 01 2009, 08:45am
Registered Member #45

"sd guys" is such a household name
BigWave
Mon Aug 03 2009, 05:56am
Registered Member #4

Just Drift/Ziptied All Star Bash 2009 from Andrew Zaragoza on Vimeo.

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF