Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Ali
Sun Jan 24 2010, 03:50pm
Registered Member #684

Last night I finally installed my coils. I went to take the car for a sping, and I hear this really loud metal on metal tapping noise. I had my friend continue to drive the car (only about 35mph max) as I sat in the back to see what was happening.

On the passenger side rear coilover, it seems that everything is tight. The strut is moving up and down with play. Its like while he was driving the car, I literally felt the the middle piece of the top mount (not the top mount, the actual piece connected to the strut) moving up and down each time the noise was made. Nothing else is moving on the setup just that the play in strut and top mount is making the noise, as it sounds like its coming from the inside of the car.

Any idea's how to fix it?

[ Edited Sun Jan 24 2010, 03:54pm ]
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Jan 25 2010, 08:50pm

Registered Member #2

Top nut is loose. Take a air impact gun to the nut on the top of the coilover pull the trigger for one second, should be tight after that and will not make any odd noises.
Ali
Tue Jan 26 2010, 12:42am
Registered Member #684

you the man... Im LOVING these things now. Now I only have to get more of your parts.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF