Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
booey13
Wed Jul 28 2010, 09:24pm
Registered Member #704

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on installing one of these on a KA24DE. I've found two different sets of install directions and both are different and neither work. I'm having trouble figuring out which wires to tap into. I've got the obvious power and ground down, however the green and yellow wires are where I'm running into problems. I've seen some people use the tachometer signal and the 0 degree or 180 degree cas signal, and others who say they used just the cas signals. I've tried both ways and got no luck. I also read that the diagram on the japanese instructions for the yellow and green wires may have been backwards. I've flopped them and still had no luck. With the wires on one way the limitter doesn't function, and when I flip them around the car dies as soon as I turn the gain knob from zero to turn it on. I've noticed that Tommy runs one of these things so it must be compatible. I'm just wondering which wires he used because his seems to function properly. The only other thing I could think of is the white wire for the secondary rev limitter that splices into the ebrake. I'm not sure if it needs to be hooked up to function although I've seen others who say they've left theirs unhooked as well. I'm just getting frustrated with it because there is only so much ecu wire and i don't want to cut them all lol. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly apprecated.

This is the diagram I was going off of.

Dan at MAX USA
Wed Jul 28 2010, 11:09pm

Registered Member #2

tommy has that thing
booey13
Wed Jul 28 2010, 11:15pm
Registered Member #704

Ya lol that's why I was asking if anyone knew which wires he spliced into
Deathwish
Fri Jul 30 2010, 02:20am
Registered Member #541

I don’t know if this helps or adds to your confusion. it doesn't have the KA, but maybe you can cross reference the JDM ECU to yours.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq-new-members-please-read/76001-bee-r-rev-limiter-fitting-guide.html
Never Lift
Mon Aug 16 2010, 07:42pm
Registered Member #9

I dont remember exactly off the top of my head but The One that goes to tach signal you just splice into the wire that goes from ignition system to the ecm. And no u dont need to run the white wire.
booey13
Mon Sep 13 2010, 06:22am
Registered Member #704

Ok, so I have the wire that goes into the tach signal hooked up to the ignition system wire and I'm still not getting it. The other wire i've tried splicing into both of the CAS wires and it does different things. With the wire hooked up to one of them the light on the rev limitter will flash abruptly when turning the car off. When I try the other CAS wire, the light constantly stays on. The limitter doesnt function for either wire. I've even tried switching the wires that I have hooked up to the ignition system and the CAS wires. Any insight?
Never Lift
Mon Sep 13 2010, 07:01pm
Registered Member #9

sorry i have no idea. its hard to figure out what you did over the internet.
booey13
Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:55am
Registered Member #704

Finally got this figured out. I manual swapped my car and the auto ECU is incompatible.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF