Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: クレイジードリフタ―河森に質問 Ask Eisuke San and MAX staff questions
Wheel Spacers question regarding stock wheels and stock offset and also drifting with spacers? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
comatoseghost
Mon Aug 23 2010, 09:45pm
Registered Member #709

I'm looking for some help regarding wheel spacers. I have a 93 240sx I have been working on and I bought some wheels that share the stock offset of +40. I'd like these to sit flush and am looking at the Parts Shop Max Ultimate Wheel Spacers for help. First, these are the way to go, right? Could anybody tell me what size I will end up running? Can anyone point me in the right direction at all?

I also wonder about the stress drifting will put on the wheels/spacers and have read things like "over 20mm is risky" but I have never seen any conclusive evidence that this is true. Just like to ask the people that hopefully are or have drifted with spacers, or made stock wheels sit flush, what they think.

Thanks for reading.
Cody
Dan at MAX USA
Tue Aug 24 2010, 02:39am

Registered Member #2

the strongest thing is to just buy a custom offset wheel - no one can argue that.

But a popular and easy alternative is our high quality spacers that you probably dont have to worry about but they need proper care tightening evenly by hand and rechecked every so often.

I daily drive & drift track on our spacers, and many others do too.
comatoseghost
Wed Aug 25 2010, 05:02pm
Registered Member #709

Thanks Dan, that answers my question. In regards to being flush, however, is there a magic number or does it ALWAYS vary from car to car? Am I to simply measure from wheel to inner fender and convert to mm with my best guess for flush? How did you guys learn what fits right?
Dan at MAX USA
Thu Aug 26 2010, 10:17pm

Registered Member #2

Measuring (if its low enough) is from tire to inner fender (if your desired camber and alignment is already done and your desired tire size is already on the car.

however we usually buy wheels and spacers that exceed this measurement, and then use the fender roller to paper thin clearance perfection.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF