Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
ZenkiGuy
Sun Feb 05 2012, 10:11am
Registered Member #784

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have been on the site. I have had my PBM coils for two years this July but I haven't installed them because of many things personally. But I am finally putting them on. I am running the coil overs, RUCA's, and tie rods. They are going on an S14. It will be my D.D./ weekend warrior. I like drifting but I love grip driving. I'm wondering, what is a good setup for the coil overs - I.E. camber, toe and such. I'm sure this has been asked before.
Thanks for all the awesome parts, service, and help~
Jonathan Rice
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Feb 06 2012, 11:33pm

Registered Member #2

sorry but the grip and drift settings are not the same.

first set the ride height because that will dictate the other settings.

for drift we will run zero camber rear for the best tire wear, max camber in front for best contact patch at full lock
for grip the front and rear camber will be just slightly negative

rear toe in gets more grip, zero toe is neutral and some toe out will send the rear out faster. this usually has everything to do with your power, tires and experience.
front toe like the rear should start with a zero setting and you can get some toe in to make the car go straighter, and toe out to make the initiation more dramatic.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF