Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Austin
Thu Mar 15 2012, 05:42am
Registered Member #1774

Hey guys.

Ive been pricing out my SR20 swap for some time now while saving for my motorset and found this gorgeous piece of steel. But i do have a few concerns though... I'll try to be as thorough as possible to avoid confusion. Thanks!

--If the plan is to upgrade the t25 to a t28/2871r would it be a better option to buy the non-divider plate version?

--Will the semi-divorced t28 elbow portion on a t25 cause some turbulence in the exhaust flow? It would seem so since there is an open spot before the divider for the gases to move around in, and I can only assume this would cause some chaos in the exhaust flow.

--^^^ How would this effect spool and boost creep?

--If I bought the t25 cobra, how much is needed to trim to have a snug fit on t28 style housings?

--I noticed that on the t28 housings, the built in dividers do not span the entire length of the wastegate flapper. It seems as though your t28 cobras don't even come close to sealing against that little wall. Am I wrong?

That's all I can think of tonight... if any of these cant be answered I'm fine with that, i don't expect you guys to know everything. Been reading about everything 240sx since I was 15 and now that I'm 18 and working I'm still trying to make the most informed decisions before I get my SR in! Haha. Thanks again!

Dan at MAX USA
Thu Mar 15 2012, 06:25pm

Registered Member #2

Its always better to buy the divider plate one and cut it yourself little by little until it fits your exact turbo, perfectly.

Yes the t28 OEM divider is smaller than ours theoretically leaving some turbulence so you can make it more perfect by using our divider on the t25 then cutting it as shown in the products forum when you get the 28

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?2130.30

we really dont know the exact effects because we never seem to just install a cobra by itself, its always with other mods, and im sure the difference by the seat of the pants is small or unnoticeable but every little thing helps right?

[ Edited Thu Mar 15 2012, 06:27pm ]
Austin
Fri Mar 16 2012, 04:56am
Registered Member #1774

Ah ok. I didnt know if the turbulance would be a serious thing or not, but I still have no idea since ive never built or driven a turboed car.

I'll definitely be buying the t25 cobra from you guys in the near future. Hope to see that oval exhaust and the manifold you spoke of on zilvia to go into production soon

Thanks!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF